My name is Peter Hostage, and I've created teach-me-piano.com as a web resource for pianists of all levels, with information for the beginner, intermediate and expert pianist.
I am a Berklee College of Music educated piano teacher and director/owner (along with my wife, Maria) of Music's Cool Academy of Music in Londonderry, N.H. I have been teaching piano since 1982, and our school currently has over 250 students, seven pianos and 8 piano/keyboards!
I love teaching, and this website is a way to share my love for all things piano with the world.
I also tune pianos, though now mostly just for my students and two local concert venues, for whom I've had the privilage to tune for some famous artists including Livingston Taylor, Paula Cole, Jim Brickman, Ricki Lee Jones and Marc Cohn.
I am also a jazz/blues pianist and singer who composes and arranges original music and standards. I have been performing professionally for over 30 years, mostly around New England. Please check out my music website www.peterhostage.com.
I'd love to hear from you. Please use the "Contact Us" page to forward questions, suggestions or whatever!
Thanks for visiting teach-me-piano.com!
Return from About Us to Home
- Piano Notes Chart
- Piano notes chart, staff diagram, musical alphabet, note names, download pdf, more info
- Blues Piano
- Blues Piano: A brief history and description of styles, and major players: Boogie Woogie, Jump Blues, Chicago Blues, New Orleans Blues, West Coast Blues
- About Pianos
- About Pianos: History, how they work, different types, and how to care for
- About Us
- About Us: background on who compiled, edited and created the piano information resource teach-me-piano.com
- How To Read Music
- How To Read Music: Note values, Staff, time signatures, key signatures, counting,
- Piano Questions Answered
- piano Questions answered about Pianos and piano lessons
- Add Your Own Page
- visitors add pages and show and tell about their favorite pianists and pianos
- Piano Guide Book Comments
- visitors comment about the piano guide books